Capitalised terms used herein but not defined have the meanings given to them in the Terms & Conditions.
By using the Service, you are consenting to:
- the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
- the collection, use, sharing, and other processing of your information, including for advertising-related purposes; and
2. COLLECTED INFORMATION
2.1 Registration data
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, address, postal code, and country. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application, you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, without limitation, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
We may also collect any information that you voluntarily add to your profile, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
When you use the Service, we may collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with audiovisual content, other users, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
- the details of the queries you make and the date and time of such queries;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the ProWire Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and ProWire application version; and
- motion-generated or orientation-generated mobile sensor data.
2.3 Mobile Devices
We may provide features that rely on the use of additional information on your mobile device or require access to certain services on your mobile device that will enhance your ProWire experience but are not required to use the Service.
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us.
- Location: We will not gather or use the specific location of your mobile device (by using, for example, GPS or Bluetooth) without first getting your explicit permission. Please note that this does not include your IP address. We also note that certain functionality of the Service is dependent on the use of GPS and other location features and ProWire will require continued access to such features in order to ensure full functionality of the Service.
- Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
- Contacts: We will not scan or import your contacts stored on your phone without first getting your explicit permission. We will only use the contact information to help you find friends or contacts who use ProWire if you choose to do so, and we will not use contact information for any other purpose without first getting your separate explicit permission. Local law may require that you seek the consent of your contacts to provide their personal information to ProWire
2.4 Widgets & Other Data
Other websites may integrate ProWire widgets. When you visit a site with a ProWire widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the web page you visited. ProWire and the widget can recognise you, and the widget may be used to show personalised content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
2.5 Payment Data
If you make any purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or payment processors. We may also collect other information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
2.6 Special Promotions
2.7 Service Providers & Partners
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service and products, services, and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Service (including on other sites that you visit);
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us;
- to, if you explicitly provide us your permission, use your mobile phone number to send you informational, marketing and promotional text messages;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other ProWire users; and
4. SHARED INFORMATION
Please remember that certain information is always publicly available, which means that it can be accessed by Third Party Applications through our APIs and developer tools. Based on your permissions, some additional information can be shared with Third Party Applications and with others through Third Party Applications.
We may use your public information to promote the Service and to help others find and follow you, including through Facebook and other Third Party Applications and on websites that embed ProWire widgets. Your information may be used to notify others, including within the Service, via email, and through Third Party Applications, about your use of the Service (for example, that you have joined ProWire).
With your explicit permission, we may notify other users of your location. Likewise, with other ProWire users’ explicit permission, we may notify you about their whereabouts. We may offer you the ability to share this information to create shared experiences.
4.2 Third-Party Applications
If you connect your ProWire account to a Third Party Application, ProWire may automatically share your activity and activity-related stories with that service, including the content you consume. You understand and agree that that such information may be attributed to your account on the Third Party Application and may be published on such service.
If you log into a Third Party Application with your ProWire account, that Third Party Application may have access to certain information related to your ProWire activity. With your explicit permission, we may also share additional information such as your email address, location, or birthdate with such Third Party Applications.
4.3 Marketing & Advertising
We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about ProWire or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements.
4.4 Service Providers & Others
4.5 Rights Holders
The Service allows you to listen to streaming content. ProWire shares information with the rights holders that license this content to ProWire. Any data that ProWire shares is in a de-identified format that does not identify you directly, unless you opt in to the sharing of your personal information.
4.6 Prowire Partners
If you access the ProWire Service through an offer that you received or purchased from a third party such as your mobile network operator, we may also share information with that third party about your use of the ProWire Service, such as whether and to what extent you have used the offer, activated a ProWire account, or actively used the Service.
4.7 Additional Sharing
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process;
- to comply with requirements of applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to protect the rights and property of ProWire, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions and any other terms that you have agreed to;
- to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the ProWire Service; and
5. YOUR PREFERENCES
We provide you with settings to allow you to choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public information, and set your sharing preferences. However, certain information may always be publicly available to others and other information is made publicly available to others by default.
6. TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after using the Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
9. AGE LIMIT
The ProWire Service is not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18 (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a person under the Age Limit and become aware that such person has provided personal information to ProWire, please contact us through our website.
10. UPDATING YOUR USER INFORMATION
From time to time we may, in our sole discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us through our website.
We hope you enjoy ProWire!